Shopping Local Made Easy.
A place to shop local businesses, find a restaurant, seek out an event, explore your community.
Herbal Hair Washes
Messy Magic Herbals
*Shipping and Taxes may be added during checkout
Inspired by Ayurveda, these herbal hair washes are the best way to wash your hair and skin. Herbal hair washes are made from powdered herbs that encourage a healthy scalp and beautiful hair. Ditch the chemicals and allow our natural hair products to cleanse, nourish, and bring out your inner glow.
Powdered herbs. That’s it!
WHY MAKE THE SWITCH TO HERBAL HAIR WASH?
- Herbs do it better
- Reduce your waste
- Also a great dry shampoo
- Clean, happy hair and scalp
- Made from organic ingredients
- Travels well and great for camping
- Makes a great face and body wash
- Replaces your shampoo and conditioner
- Natural, vegan, non-gmo, and always cruelty free
HOW DO YOU USE IT?
It’s pretty simple, but definitely a different experience than your typical detergent-based shampoos and conditioners!
- Mix 1-2 tsp powder with plenty of water in a small bowl
- Apply to wet hair and massage paste into scalp
- Let sit 1-2 minutes or longer for oily hair
- Massage entire scalp while rinsing
The longer you let Messy Magic sit in your hair, the more oils it cuts through. A wet brush can be helpful if you have long hair. Messy Magic does not suds (it’s still cutting through oils, I promise!) and should be kept away from your eyes.
Herbal hair washes can be paired with our herbal hair mask, apple cider vinegar scalp rinse, hydrating mists or used by themselves as a co-wash.
Some herbs cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Always try a test patch and check the ingredient lists to make sure you aren’t allergic to anything in these herbal hair washes.
FOR OILY HAIR
• Rosemary & Sage: (Reetha*, Shikakai, Amla*, Sage*, Rosemary*, Moringa* Kelp*, Nettles* Sea Buckthorn*, Marshmallow*)
• Basil & Yarrow: (Reetha*, Shikakai, Amla*, Basil*, Yarrow*, Kelp*, Sea Buckthorn*, Marshmallow*)
FOR NORMAL HAIR
• Juniper & Ginger: (Reetha*, Shikakai, Amla*, Ginger*, Juniper*, Kelp*, Sea Buckthorn*, Marshmallow*)
• Peppermint & Lavender: (Reetha*, Shikakai, Rosehips*, Peppermint*, Lavender*, Nettles* Kelp*, Sea Buckthorn*, Marshmallow*)
FOR DRY HAIR
• Spearmint + Hibiscus: (Reetha*, Shikakai, Rosehips*, Nettle*, Hibiscus*, Spearmint*, Kelp*, Sea Buckthorn*, Marshmallow*)
• Chamomile + Rose: (Reetha*, Shikakai, Rosehips*, Rose*, Chamomile*, Calendula*, Kelp*, Sea Buckthorn*, Marshmallow*)
I don’t use essential oils in my herbal hair washes. Some herbs have stronger scents than others when dried! If you enjoy stronger aromatic scents you may prefer these blends: Juniper + Ginger, Peppermint + Lavender, or Rosemary + Sage. Less aromatic blends include Chamomile + Rose.